Metron data scientists work on challenging machine learning and data mining problems, developing innovative solutions for our clients.
What Does a Data Scientist Do?
As a data scientist, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and analyzing the results of innovative solutions to clients’ challenging machine learning and data mining problems. Applicants interested in applying only off-the-shelf solutions need not apply. Project teams are small, typically 2-5 people including data scientists, mathematicians, and software engineers. Each person is involved in the project’s entire process, from concept through design and implementation to demonstration. Our management structure gives you the freedom to create innovative designs and products. The ideal candidate will have experience writing well-documented, maintainable, and extensible software and APIs.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in machine learning, data science, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or a related field
- Significant experience developing and knowledge of best practices for evaluating innovative, scalable anomaly detection, classification, recommendation, and related algorithms
- Significant programming experience in Python, Java, Scala, or R
- Experience with machine learning software libraries such as scikit-learn and Weka
- Understanding of deep learning algorithms and experience with related libraries such as TensorFlow, Torch, and Deeplearning4j a plus
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED; applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
We know that our employees are the reason we are so successful. As a 100% employee-owned company, Metron offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a great work environment that values work/life balance and career development.