Our software engineers are developing innovative custom products, from design concepts through to deployment.
What Does a Software Engineer Do?
Metron is seeking talented programmers with strong computer science, math, and/or physics backgrounds for complex and challenging projects. As a software engineer, you will be responsible for implementing polished software incorporating probabilistic models of physical systems. Project teams are small, typically 2-5 people including research scientists and software engineers. Each person is involved in the entire software development process, from initial concept through algorithm and software design to implementation, analysis, demonstration, and deployment. Our management structure gives you the freedom to create innovative designs and products. The ideal candidate will have experience writing well-designed, maintainable, and extensible software.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, applied math, or related field required
- Knowledge of user interface design principles, software architecture, and design patterns
- Java programming preferred, familiarity with C, C++, Matlab, Python, SQL a plus
- Ability to communicate design concepts and performance metrics clearly in written and oral reports
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED (successful candidates will undergo background check for Secret Clearance)
We know that our employees are the reason we are so successful. As a 100% employee-owned company, Metron offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a great work environment that values work/life balance and career development.