Metron is a scientific consulting firm with expertise in the areas of physical modeling, mathematics, operations research, and software development. We address challenging problems in the development of high technology systems for defense, aerospace, and commercial applications.
Metron staff use their strengths in mathematical and physical modeling to realize software solving a broad class of technically challenging problems for our clients. Examples of recent project areas are:
- Graph theory and information theory applied to counter-terrorism
- Game theory and large scale multi agent systems
- Large scale optimization algorithms for strategic airlifts
- Signal processing algorithms for new sensor systems
- Detailed underwater physical acoustics modeling
- Distributed multi-target tracking software.
- Planning tools to coordinate attack, fighter and missile aircraft
- Physical modeling and evaluation of laser detection systems
Metron's main offices are located in northern Virginia. Each project is led by a Senior Analyst responsible for the mathematical and physical modeling. Software Developers are responsible for implementing software prototypes incorporating the models. Project teams are very small, averaging 2-3 people. Each person is involved in the entire prototype development process, from concept through design and implementation to demonstration.
Check all current openings at Metron here or by selecting the Apply Online button on the menu to your left.
To view the federal government poster that explains your Equal Employment Opportunity Rights, click here.
Click here to view Metron's Equal Opportunity Policy.
If you are reluctant to self-identify of disability, or do not understand why you are being asked to self-identify during the application process, please watch this video provided by OFFCP.
Metron is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin or disability.